Update on Portal DL Tiaoalii Savea

• Moderators

Texas is hosting former Arizona DL Tiaoalii Savea this weekend for an official visit. Savea dropped the Horns in a tweet this afternoon as well.

OTF has confirmed this is not an indication of a commitment, however we do believe things are moving in the right direction here for the Longhorns.

Of course, Texas is in the market for interior defensive line help, and the 6-foot-4 and 305 lb Savea would be a welcomed addition to the Texas defense.

View full news

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m nervous about Nansen being surprised with the size, speed, and especially the strength of SEC defensive interiors. Does Savea fit the bill here?

Also, are there nose tackles that Texas is monitoring who may be submitting their names in the portal? Or is an impact nose a fantasy?

Edited by Jonerz99
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Jonerz99 said:

I’m nervous about Nansen being surprised with the size, speed, and especially the strength of SEC defensive interiors. Does Savea fit the bill here?

Also, are there nose tackles that Texas is monitoring who may be submitting their names in the portal? Or is an impact nose a fantasy?

Probably a fantasy, but I'm right there with you.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Jonerz99 said:

Nansen will coach LBs. I expect the DL coach to be ready for the sec.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Jonerz99 said:

It’s not a fantasy. But there’s not a big-time one available right now. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Rhenk6768 said:

We need to look at the Michigan DL when Harbaugh leaves

Likelihood of him returning have gone up recently. He’s using the flirtation with the NFL to get a non-termination clause in his UM contract related to the ongoing investigations. 

sounds like the Chargers won’t pay him what he wants and Belichick is the favorite in the ATL 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Realist Horn said:

Likelihood of him returning have gone up recently. He’s using the flirtation with the NFL to get a non-termination clause in his UM contract related to the ongoing investigations. 

sounds like the Chargers won’t pay him what he wants and Belichick is the favorite in the ATL 

Good info. Thanks. Michigan will stay dominant if he stays 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Realist Horn said:

I don't think that's true.....the him returning that is. He has a couple more second interviews lined up. Teams this year seem to be taking a slower approach to hiring in the NFL than they have in years past.  The only two hiring's are an interim(Antonio Pierce - Raiders) and a guy who has been the staff in New England.

Edited by Hashtag
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Hashtag said:

I don't think that's true.....the him returning that is. He has a couple more second interviews lined up. Teams this year seem to be taking a slower approach to hiring in the NFL than they have in years past.  The only two hiring's are an interim(Antonio Pierce - Raiders) and a guy who has been the staff in New England.

I hope he leaves. I was just summarizing what a Michigan Mod wrote. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Realist Horn said:

Harbaugh wants to leave because a non-termination clause only helps him within the UM system. The NCAA and BiG can punish him for any wrongdoing even if Michigan is desperate enough to give him the clause.

This thing with the NCAA isn't going away and most of it points directly at him. And it will drag on and on, hanging over him like a cloud.

Combine that with the fact that Michigan probably won't be very good next year, he's got a lot of motivation to leave now.

• Hook 'Em 1