FYI - Rod Wright

• Administrators

Not really a news piece so I'm placing this on the board...

Rod Wright has his end of year meeting with Texans head coach Demeco Ryans today. We'll see what the timeline looks like following that meeting.

Again, not sure if Wright is the guy but it's customary for pro coaches to have these end of season meetings with assistants.

• Hook 'Em 5

Bobby seems like Sark is making sure he is getting the right man for the job as he always does. However seems like he's not putting as much emphasis on the DT position so far in the portal. Is that because it's hard to recruit a player without a D-line coach or because he feels better about the current DT's in the room than he does about other positions? What are your thoughts? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sure is intriguing for sure. One would think it’s Rod. If it is not Rod that would really be confounding. If it’s a NFL guy you only have four teams left playing and I’m not sure the coach is on any of those remaining NFL teams. No college teams obviously playing. So logically it seems to be Rod, but if not I wouldn’t have a clue.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Geoff Eneman said:

John Scott from Detroit is another guy that could be an option. If it wasn't Rocker from the Eagles then it appears that it would have to be either Scott or Wright.

Would be a great hire as well IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Geoff Eneman said:

John Scott from Detroit is another guy that could be an option. If it wasn't Rocker from the Eagles then it appears that it would have to be either Scott or Wright.

NFL can lock up assistant coaches, until they make a new HC hire. It is plausible that it could be a DL coach from a team that fired their HC. I would bet on Wright, but there is chance it could be someone on a team like Seattle or Atlanta that lost their HC. 

• Hook 'Em 1