So 'The Athletic' predicts an 11-1 record for Texas in 2024, with a loss to....

• Moderators

Texas A&M. The same Aggies team they predict to go 6-6 on the season.

I asked this on Twitter, but would you take it? You're obviously in the playoffs if that's indeed the case.  For me personally, if Texas goes 11-1 I think that loss comes against Georgia.

They also predict OU to go 7-5.

2 minutes ago, Blake Munroe said:

Texas A&M. The same Aggies team they predict to go 6-6 on the season.

I asked this on Twitter, but would you take it? You're obviously in the playoffs if that's indeed the case.  For me personally, if Texas goes 11-1 I think that loss comes against Georgia.

They also predict OU to go 7-5.

Well, there are three obvious potential losses. Georgia, Oklahoma & Texas a&m. I'm just going to predict that we went all of them. We win the SEC championship with a second win over Georgia then continue our run through the playoffs to a national championship.

With the current playoff setup for the coming year, we might actually get a third shot at Georgia.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
Just now, gus fleener said:

Well, there are three obvious potential losses. Georgia, Oklahoma & Texas a&m. I'm just going to predict that we went all of them. We win the SEC championship with a second win over Georgia then continue our run through the playoffs to a national championship.

With the current playoff setup for the coming year, we might actually get a third shot at Georgia.

Gus, that’s a great point I haven’t thought of. With the new playoff expansion, plus conference championships, there really is a chance teams could face off three times in a season. 

That is pretty interesting to think about with any set of schools, not just UGA and Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Blake Munroe said:

Gus, that’s a great point I haven’t thought of. With the new playoff expansion, plus conference championships, there really is a chance teams could face off three times in a season. 

That is pretty interesting to think about with any set of schools, not just UGA and Texas. 

Yeah, my prediction for last year was also for us to go undefeated and win the national championship. Then I had a speeding Oklahoma twice. Good season anyway though. Love where we're headed.

• Hook 'Em 1