CBS Sports: Quinn Ewers is the "best college football player that made the decision to return"

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, NotGerryHamilton said:

Have to think a healthy full season and the addition of all those weapons Quinn could flirt w/ that 35/40 TD mark this year. 

Agree. Need more red zone TDs and need to do that while keeping INTs in check.

• Hook 'Em 1

I fully expect Quinn to have a great year. The thing I think could take Quinn to the next level is adding an extra level of toughness to his game. Seems too often that he can get sped up in the pocket or struggle with his footwork at times because of opposing pash rush, in part due to some PTSD from that Dallas Turner hit no doubt. But being able to stand firm in the pocket & deliver a ball in the face of pressure will take his game to Heisman winning levels.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Administrators
8 hours ago, goattalk100 said:

I fully expect Quinn to have a great year. The thing I think could take Quinn to the next level is adding an extra level of toughness to his game. Seems too often that he can get sped up in the pocket or struggle with his footwork at times because of opposing pash rush, in part due to some PTSD from that Dallas Turner hit no doubt. But being able to stand firm in the pocket & deliver a ball in the face of pressure will take his game to Heisman winning levels.

Love this sort of discussion. The nuances of his game are really what Quinn needs to work on. Not getting self-sacked is a big one IMO, and perhaps toughness/playing through contact is part of that.

• Hook 'Em 1

I agree as well. Quinn I believe will make bigger strides this year with his decision to return. Quinn is a really good QB, but did have room to improve in some phases of his game. I am excited for his final step to be taken this year in college. He will have plenty of targets and should have a tremendous year. 

Hook’em 

• Hook 'Em 1

First off, Texas is lucky to have Quinn, the arm talent is evident and obvious but he needs to work on progressions.  Gets a little locked in at times and is really set up for success bc Sark does such a great job with schemes.  Also, slide Quinn, we need you in the lineup!!  If he grows from year 2-3 like he did this year, look out.  Hook em’

• Hook 'Em 3