Where will Texas rank in the 25 recruiting class

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Jbro52 said:

With three top 5 classes under Sark I think we can jump into the top 2 I just don’t see anyone jumping in front of Georgia just yet 

I think that's fair. I also think there needs to start being a new version of recruiting rankings that include the transfer portal somehow.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

I think that's fair. I also think there needs to start being a new version of recruiting rankings that include the transfer portal somehow.

I agree if the portal was included we could definitely be in that top 2 conversation 

21 minutes ago, gus fleener said:

If I remember correctly, you can include the transfer portal and high school recruiting in the 247 rankings.

Texas should definitely rank in the top three for 2025. Of course, I think they should do that every year.

That’s correct.  247Sports allows you to select rankings based on “RECRUIT,” “TRANSFER,” and “OVERALL.”

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jbro52 said:

With three top 5 classes under Sark I think we can jump into the top 2 I just don’t see anyone jumping in front of Georgia just yet 

Kirby Smart is a recruiting machine.  Not surprised as he spent 7 years working under the great Nick Saban, and I’m sure Saban taught him a lot.

Ryan Day struggles against Michigan are well-documented, but one thing he does very well is recruit at a high level.

That being said, I think a #1 recruiting class for 2025 is possible.  I know winning isn’t everything when it comes to how high school recruits choose a university to attend but beating Georgia in Austin and just having a great first season in the SEC will give Texas a better chance to make that happen.